Thursday, 6 February 2014

Back to work...

It's been an embarrassingly long time since I last put up a post. So long in fact that fashion week's are practically upon us again, which gives me the perfect opportunity to share my opinions on the good and the ugly, the weird and the wonderful, that are inevitably going to grace our catwalks in the upcoming weeks.

But before I get started I thought I'd share images of the window display from Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge that is based upon the theme of 'Fashion School'. They've taken an entirely innovative approach compared to their usual slick displays, not to say I don't think that it is effective, as the mini doll like mannequins add a far more playful element. Each window illustrates a different lesson and incorporates humour to evoke a sense of nostalgia as viewers reminisce about their own school day memories. All the scenes incorporate seriously well dressed students wearing Christopher Kane and Alexander McQueen uniform but also successfully integrate accessories and cosmetics into the classroom environments.

Revealed just in time for fashion week this provided me with the inspiration required to get back to (blogging) work and now I'm all set for a lesson in NYFW style and ready to report back within the next few days.





All images from harveynichols.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment