Thursday, 10 July 2014

Good Luck Gift

When possible I try to avoid buying cards from shops because they aren't too friendly with a student budget and also I believe handmade gifts show far more thought and love has gone into them.

One of my friends is currently revising for her first final towards her medicine degree and so I thought I'd make her a simple good luck gift which I could send in the post. Recently when I bought a pair of jeans in Jack Wills they slipped in a paper windmill kit to make at home. I thought this was really effective marketing because it was in keeping with their in-store theme and they also featured them as part of the window display because they  typify British summer - the lifestyle they are promoting with their summer collection. I assembled this kit and now have it in my uni room but realised it was a really simple idea to recreate. I found some inspiration on Pinterest then just used bits and pieces I had in my craft box to make my own windmill. It's not exactly your traditional good luck mascot but I tied a label onto it and at least it can be a constant reminder of the summer that lies in store once she gets these exams out the way.

Jack Wills window display
(image from google)
Pinterest inspiration
My good luck creation

No comments:

Post a Comment